Saturday, August 14, 2004

Blogger problems

I seem to get a lot of HTML problems with Blogger. Anyone else feeling me on this? The errors always come in one of 2 ways (or both): my entire sidebar will be justified to the bottom of the website, or my links will be funkified.....Sometimes a simple Refresh will solve it, other times I have to actually go into my template and edit some text in the links (but not actually change anything) and republish it.....weird. Could it be my browser? I currently use IE 6.

UPDATE: 8/16 1pm

I just loaded my blog using IE. All the text on my sidebar below the About Me section was in italics. I loaded the same page using Firefox--no italics. I refreshed the page in IE--no italics. I think the problem is IE. [shrugs resignedly]

2 Comments:

Blogger D2M said...

That IS kinda odd. What I would do is install another browser (just say no when it asks to be default) and when an HTML problem pops up, copy and past the Http: address to the other browser and see if it's happening there too.

If it's happening in both, it's the site, if it's just in one, it's the browser. If it's the site there's not much a person can do about it other than complain to BLOGGER. :-/

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

8/15/2004 8:58 PM  
Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

I use IE, and everything looks good again. I tried using Mozilla Firefox, but it didn't help me either. Also, on my blog, everything that was supposed to be at the bottom of the page showed up on my sidebar. That's been fixed now. AND, my formatting buttons wouldn't show up on my publishing page for a while, but now they do. It all got fixed after they added the searchbar.

8/17/2004 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home