Sunday, January 30, 2005

lamentations, writing, and Lewis

Josh laments his lack of eloquence and creativity in his writing. I completely agree--well, not that I agree that his writing is wordy and boring, but that I also also identify with his predicament....

[Seth smiles sheepishly as he realizes he can't get away from poor writing even as he writes about someone else's writing woes....]


P.S. It's amazing how words have so many meanings and contexts. For example, in his post Josh desires "
to get dirty again and remember from long ago why playing in the mud was the essence of joy." I totally agree in the context he means it. Yet I immediately thought about a C.S. Lewis' famous quote:
[we are] like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.
In that case I'd want to get out of the mud ASAP and get to the beach!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home