Friday, August 27, 2004

Quote of the Day

"There's a lot of my friends who come and bass-fish with me. They don't say it out loud, I know they're thinking it: Why? "And the answer is because the stakes are high. Because there is more work to be done to make the world a freer and more peaceful place. It is essential that America lead in the 21st century in order to defeat the ideologues who use terror as a weapon, in order to secure the homeland, but also in order to spread liberty. I know what needs to be done, I see clearly where we need to go and I want to spend four years leading toward that goal. And I believe the American people will give me that opportunity."

~ President George W. Bush, responding to a USA Today interviewer who asked Bush why he is staying in politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home