Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My influence grows


It seems my actions have had repercussions in our nation's capitol.

Last week a member of the U.S. House of Representatives visited my history class and allowed us free reign to question him on virtually anything--Iraq, oil prices, immigration, etc. Before the class began, some of us were goofing off with the professor. (And by "some of us," I mean me.) I showed the class the spoof VW ad that depicts a suicide bomber's explosion foiled by the "small but tough" VW Polo. I blogged about it last year.

So I get into class today (it meets once a week) and our prof tells us that Mr. Representative thought the video was so hilarious that it made the rounds in Washington all last week!

This goes to show that if you want to have an impact in Washington D.C., just show a mildly-offensive, politically incorrect video clip to your local representative.

[cross-posted at Critical Mass]

2 Comments:

Blogger B. D. Mooneyham said...

Nice work, Seth. Which history class is it?

4/26/2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger Seth said...

Civil War.

4/26/2006 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home