Thursday, October 20, 2005

At least 24 rally in support of murderous dictator

Reuters:
TIKRIT — Dozens of supporters of Saddam Hussein took to the streets of his hometown Tikrit yesterday, vowing loyalty to the former dictator as he went on trial in a Baghdad courtroom for crimes against humanity.
Notice how Saddam's supporters are measured: not in thousands. Not even in hundreds. Dozens. How much you wanna bet that Saddam was surprised to hear that people actually supported him un-coerced?

No word yet on if the loyalists were carrying signs like these:

3 Comments:

Blogger Barba Roja said...

So you posted pictures of people protesting against the ongoing exploitation and military occupation of the Iraqis as a way to mark them as supporters of Saddam. I suppose I shouldn't expect better from you.

10/20/2005 5:12 PM  
Blogger Seth said...

Good grief, Loyal. I wasn't making any statements about the actual people in the original picture; I simply googled protest signs, and this was the first one I came across that had a profile with enough white space to modify it.

Take it easy on the assumptions, cowboy.

10/20/2005 5:19 PM  
Blogger Seth said...

Damn. You found me out, Frank. Curse you and your scum family, wherever they may be...

I'll get you back for this. I know where you live, so I think I'll quote that wellspring of poeticism--the Dixie Chicks:

"If I fall you're goin' down with me."

10/20/2005 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home