Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I guess I can believe that, too

Yet another quiz. I'm not surprised at the result, however. Hat tip to Temujin.




You scored as John Calvin. Much of what is now called Calvinism had more to do with his followers than Calvin himself, and so you may or may not be committed to TULIP, though God's sovereignty is all important.

John Calvin


100%

Anselm


87%

Martin Luther


67%

Friedrich Schleiermacher


60%

Jürgen Moltmann


53%

Karl Barth


53%

Jonathan Edwards


27%

Charles Finney


27%

Paul Tillich


13%

Augustine


13%

Which theologian are you?
created with QuizFarm.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Temujin said...

Dang, you scored 100% Calvin too, crazy! The second person I know who did that.

I seem to think that you are a Baptist... is that right? If so, is it a Reformed Baptist church?

At any rate, it could be worse. You wouldn't want to be Origen or Arius :-)

6/23/2005 3:38 PM  
Blogger Seth said...

Actually, I never was too great at keeping track of the theological differences between denominations--I grew up in non-denominational Bible churches, which of course is now a denomination! But whatever. Am I Baptist? Who knows...

Um, yeah I'm basically Calvinist but not all five points--I don't think; I'm still working through the whole "did Jesus die for ALL or only for the elect?" thing. (To be honest, there are some issues I know I'll never fully get, and election is one of them. Free will vs. Determinism and the Trinity fall into that category as well.) I believe in eternal security, both the total depravity of man and his ability to repent and choose God, the doctrine of Christ as fully God and fully man...I could go on, but this comment should already be it's own post.

What about you? Feel free to email it if you don't want to blast it into the blogosphere.

6/23/2005 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home