Saturday, June 18, 2005

Tran Sient's quote collection

Head on over to Tran Sient's blog and view his collection of the best quotes made by public figures over the last few months.

My favorite's the Dan Rather quote: “They often say, well, they dealt with fake documents or fraudulent documents. Let's just say gently that that's not known. That's not a fact."

The image that Rather will forever conjure up in my mind is of a bumbling old fool who's always trying to convince others of who he is (or isn't). Remember in the movie "Rainman" when Dustin Hoffman's character continually said, "I'm an excellent driver. Kmart sucks"? Well, Dan Rather's the new Rayman--"I'm an excellent journalist. Bloggers suck."

1 Comments:

Blogger Tran Sient said...

Rather just can't let go. Fading into obscurity is going to be very difficult for him. Thanks for coming by. I'll do another quote roundup at some point once Dean and company drop a few more gaffs.

6/19/2005 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home