Monday, April 11, 2005

I'll take the fifth

Take a loot at what JK composed for Hamlet's fifth soliloquy. We were in the same senior English class together (what's up, Mrs. Hanson). Here's mine:
My father stands avenged--and long past due,
though fair a price as any has been paid.
I wonder how t’would turned out if I knew
the consequences of this final day.
O, fair Ophelia, flower rare and sweet,
I daren’t consider all my part in this
sad death of heart that, still young, strongly beat.
O, how I wish your lips were here to kiss.
This man of thought now comes to action late
in day--I bring my folly ’pon myself.
No stronger can a man himself so hate
than I. Ironic justice kills itself.
A murdered sire and uncle scheming fast,
Unfaithful wife with standards sacrificed.
I sought a vengeance for the crimes I grasped,
And, wounded now, betrayed, I die like Christ.
My play is done, the curtain drops upon
This stage of mine that tragedy detailed.
The father, mother, and the only son
are dead. To Fortinbras I give my hail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home