Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Double Murder

I almost fell over in heartache when I read this.  In response to conceiving triplets instead of the planned one child, Amy Richards simply killed the identical twins growing inside her and allowed the third child to live.  The callousness and lack of correct perspective is mind-blowing and horrifying:
 
There was a part of me that was sure I could work around [the inconveniences of 3 babies]. But it was a matter of, Do I want to?
 
No it's not!  It's a matter of the life of an innocent child!
 
I looked at Peter and asked the doctor: "Is it possible to get rid of one of them? Or two of them?"
 
When I found out about the triplets, I felt like: It's not the back of a pickup at 16, but now I'm going to have to move to Staten Island. I'll never leave my house because I'll have to care for these children. I'll have to start shopping only at Costco and buying big jars of mayonnaise.
 
Well hell, why would anybody have kids then?  They are so gosh-darned annoying.  What a hassle and a pain in the butt!  Who would want those little brats running around the house whining and screaming and making messes everywhere?  It's too bad the only legal decision to kill your kid is before he or she is born.  Wonder when the logical conclusion will be legal:  if you can kill your baby before birth, what's to stop you from killing it when it's 1 year old, or 5 years old, or at 12 before you have to deal with that whole adolescence thing?
 
I pray that more women understand what's at stake here--truth, morality, and human life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home