Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Get punished for what other people do with your stuff

This is exactly why I am opposed to cameras at intersections:

A 25-year-old Edmonton woman has been charged in relation to a March 7th pedestrian hit and run, even though she wasn't driving the vehicle.

Edmonton police say the woman is being charged as the owner, not the driver, of the vehicle.

This is the same provision which allows police to issue photo radar and photo red light tickets to the owners of vehicles. Police continue to seek information on the male suspect they believe was driving the car when the hit and run occurred.

I cannot for the life of me figure how the police can justify charging this woman with a hit-and-run WHEN SHE WASN'T DRIVING THE CAR. Did this lady pull over to some guy and say, "Hey, see that old man crossing the street? Ten points to run him over!" This is beyond me...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lina Maria said...

That is absolutely insane. I hope the woman sues them for whatever is worth.

BTW, I haven't been able to post comments on my blog, so I couldn't respond to your Tom Delay comment. I'll answer later. Thanks for commenting.

3/29/2005 3:18 PM  
Blogger Michael Mahle said...

This happened in the same country that still clubs hundreds of thousands of seals a year. They are a backwards folk up there in the north.

Honestly, I like Canada...and your blog. Keep em coming.

mahle.blogspot.com

3/31/2005 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home