Friday, February 25, 2005

Karli, my new liberal "friend"

Oh boy. I'm going to take some time to prepare a response to this email I got from a liberal columnist at my school paper after I sent her my post on liberalism and muslim extremism:
I have never heard anyone compare conservatives to Muslim extremists and I have never met a conservative, until now, who had ever heard of this comparison. This is probably because I am a moderate liberal, not a part of one of those tiny fringe groups who burn effigies of Bush. I think that the only reason you have heard of this comparison is because you're more extreme than mainstream conservative. If you don't read stuff written by extremists, you won't hear crazy views.

The very idea that liberals or conservatives are anything like al-Qaeda is rediculous. Whoever said conservatives have anything in common with Muslim extremists is dumb, but it makes you look just as dumb (which I know you're not) to sink to that level and defend yourself by claiming that liberals are like Muslim extremists. It's so stupid of a statement that it should not be dignified with a response, but if you must, defend the conservatives, don't attack the liberals.
Don't worry, I'll manage to squeeze in a great reponse during my busy weekend and/or next week.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you and I both know that you have already come up with a response.

2/25/2005 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home