Monday, January 24, 2005

Liberals are tolerant.....until you disagree with them

Ever gotten an email you didn't particularly want? I get them all the time, and they're not even spam necessarily: faculty/staff at school send stuff out to the students frequently. What gets annoying is when they send out stuff that's only relevant to girls, but it goes to the entire student body. C'mon folks, how hard is it to create a girls/guys email list?

So, you get your email. Now what? Read it? Yell at the computer? Delete it?

Call the police?

You'd think that was a bit much, but that's exactly what the good folks at the University of Mary Washington did. According to this story, an unidentified student logged onto a shared email account in the political science department and sent out a mass email that used "sharp language to criticize 'dems and liberals.'" There is now a police investigation concerning the matter.

One (rhetorical) question: Would these folks be having such a cow if the email had been anti-Bush?

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Hey Seth,
I'm not quite in college yet, so I haven't ever had an experience like that, but I get so much spam that it is actually funny. I'll tell you what: never EVER sign up for those free digital camera offers online... that was my mistake. But fortunately, I took a couple precautionary measures and gave them my junk email account ( I have 3 or 4 of them) and a fake name. So now I get emails like, "Eddy, win a million dolars!", or, "Eddy, sign up to win a free TV/VCR combo." It really is a pain, but it's still funny.
That does sound nutts about the irrelevent emails the college is sending out. What college do you go to?

1/26/2005 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home